Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Friday, June 09, 2006

Movie! and more

I went out with my friends to catch the movie She's The Man at Plaza Singapura. It was a hilarious comedy, and I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for a movie to watch.

Later on we went to Marina Square to have dinner and shop around. We passed by Carl's Jr and wanted to try it. But the meals were around $10 each, and we figured it wasn't worth the money. I wonder what's so special about Carl's anyway. I'll probably try it out some day. In the end, we settled for Han's. It was kind of like PastaMania where you had to order the food yourself and the ambience was simple. The price was reasonable too I guess. I ordered a chicken chop meal which came with a drink, a slice of toast and a slice of cake. It cost $8.80.

I'll probably go shopping for clothes soon. I'm beginning to realise that my clothes are getting old and I'm always wearing the same few shirts. It's probably because I'm usually lazy to go shopping and seldom buy clothes. My friend however is the total opposite of me. Yesterday we went out together, he stepped into the OP store and bought a shirt within 3 minutes of shopping. Ha, I wonder if I'll ever do that.

Anyway, World Cup's finally here! Tonight is Germany vs Costa Rica. I'll definitely stay up to watch this opening match, which is pathetically one of the only FOUR matches MediaCorp is broadcasting. I do not fall into the dark side by paying StarHub additional $15 for the WC package. I am already paying them a premium price of $15 per month for the normal sports group, and yet I'm not entitled for the WC matches. Speak about the evil of monopoly! I also heard that StarHub jammed the TV signal for Malaysia's RTM1 channel as it had FREE-TO-AIR broadcast of many WC matches. Blarh. Damn, I hate monopolies! I'll probably switch my Internet access to SingNet, and cancel my CableTV account with StarHub if there's a competitor CableTV provider entering the market. I've had enough of StarHub's underhand tactics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home